Friday, October 14, 2011

And then, nothing happened - Day 8.

After our deliciously decadent weekend, I decided to make rice, lentils, and swiss chard for dinner.  A little less excess and a lot more simplicity.  It was a necessary decision both for the wallet and the waistline.  The Eaters peeped meekly about the lack of land-roving protein presented but, in the end, I think we were all glad for a vegetarian meal.  I lacked only the lentils and, as such, made a quick trip to the grocerette on Main Street and $0.89 later, I had all the fixings I needed for dinner.  I was also grateful for the ease of going downtown to buy the one item on my grocery list.  Had I packed up Little Eater and gone to Whole Foods, I almost certainly would have ended up buying food that we didn't need, if only to justify the trip.  Another win for shopping downtown.

No comments:

Post a Comment